Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Short Manifesto

Six years ago I began a journey of discovery into the bowels of Miami's Banana Republican Politics. Today, I find myself a lot more introspective and have found out that most of the problems in today's politics begins with mistrust. Mistrust and government tend to go hand and hand, no? But I mean the mistrust people feel toward each other and the division it creates.

There is a very deep ignorance that people have regarding government. Too many people have abandoned trying to learn about government because our political system is broken. But they give up on the institution without realizing that there is none other that ties us all together as strongly. So I tell people, "It's the only way we can stay involved in each other's lives. And the only way we can figure out how to do business together, too."

Remember, government has an enormous role on every decision we make from the moment we wake up to the moment to lay down to sleep. Government cannot be ignored, it won't let you.

I am starting this blog to generate attention to my personal pet peeves about government especially my local government here in the Magic City of Miami where money disappears faster than greenscape is replaced with concrete. Other cities fascinate me like Miami Beach, the only place I have ever heard that makes more money from tourist dollars than property taxes (why do they pay property taxes then?).

While on this blogging journey I will attempt to relate educational opportunities where you can learn how to become a civic and political activist (they are NOT the same thing!) and hopefully make great friends and great experiences. Plus, I will let you in on juicy bits of knowledge of how elections and the public policy are used regularly to enrich a few key industries here while leaving the rest of us behind (i.e. urban blight, a weak business climate, water pollution and many other such issues).

Keep reading. I hope not to disappoint.

Yours in the faith that humanity will always overcome the savagery that its government employees commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment